- A power rack, bench and Olympic bar is a classic tool set for taking free weight strength training to the limit in safety. It's simple and effective. Strong safety bars protect the trainer if he or she feels inclined to drop a weight, whatever the reason. This combination provides a huge array of the best strength training exercises, from presses, through squats and deadlifts to inverted and bent over rows. It's high spec and quality; indeed, many of our customers have already owned a rack, and now, having a refined view of what's needed, they've researched, and made a choice.
- What you really pay for: this rack is heavier and consequently more stable and satisfying to use than others anywhere near its price. It’s 95 kg by itself. (Some suppliers avoid showing the weight). Some overstate it, but then have fine print saying check with us, everything changes. Hmm... Yet weight and non-creaking corner strength are basic drivers of satisfaction. Shimmies and twangs get tiresome.
- On the horizontal base piece of this rack, there's a vertical sleeve. The vertical rack section goes into the sleeve. Then backing plates go over the lot. There are pics above. So, there's 6 levels of steel on each corner, locked by 4 big half-inch bolts - the rack uses 40 overall, nothing else. (Most others are metric, at a lower, cheaper equivalent, thus smaller; fewer as well) No one else provides this strength at this level. More rigid. Fewer sound effects. Others are cheap, then priced so they can be always on sale. (Some safety bars are not safe. Users have done inverted rows on the safeties of a cheap rack, only to have them bend after a while) These will take 450 kg. The dip handles are inwards-angled to work inner pecs; both dip and chin up handles can take 180 kg loads. Do inverted rows on the dip bars.
- The Powertec company is privately owned and proven in the biggest markets, where it was one of the first in US home use. This rack has, like all Powertec items, a European Union EN-957 safety rating which means it's been subject to proper cycle testing. This is the complete unit., not a vague reference to a material standard others toss about.. And have you noticed the finish?
- The Ironmaster Super Bench is extremely versatile, with a removable seat that gives you a long flat bench with no annoying seat gap. A moment later it can be an any-angle bench with a seat that can be placed in one of three spots so your feet and shoulder positions are perfect. It uses (patented) foot operation; fast, direct and slick; no wobbling and fiddling. Takes a 270 kg load on the incline and 450 kg flat and permits the addition of many other useful attachments like leg curl/extension, preacher curl, and hyperextension. Includes wheels, fit either end. Important with a rack. 30 year-Seattle family company, hundreds sold in NZ. Not a fault.
- Extra - With this offer, at a fraction of usual price, there's a heavy-duty Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar, or a Landmine Attachment, which offers a great range of extra, really different and useful variety to your exercise inventory. Check the exercises in this video: Choose from Options near Add To Cart.
- The Olympic bar offered is a standard, 700-lb capable, bushing-driven unit that's proved faultless over a wide range of lifters.
- Present stock of racks is industrial yellow.
Freight: We have the biggest population base covered as simply as possible, up front. If your choice isn't in one of those metro areas, check with us here. There's often a good answer. Pick-ups simple to arrange. Airport Oaks, Auckland.
We can put together a custom price for freight if you're buying several items, and send you a private link to buy from securely. Or buy with no freight, if it's a pick-up. Phone or otherwise contact us here: Contact Us
Plates: Olympic plates aren't included. Beyond the landmine and multi-grip chin-op attachment, one of which you can order for an ultra-low price above, other options are shown below. And it has best attachable Lat Tower cable option in the business!
Here's Mr Universe Lee Priest showing the variety of what can be done on a power rack.
This one's on Facebook, if you access it: Monsieur le Francais
Regular guy here with a big squat, older rack, same spec.
Rack: L = 181cm W = 127cm H = 213cm; Weight: 95 kg; primarily constructed with 60 mm steel tubing with a 12 gauge (2.5 mm) wall thickness. A durable baked on powder coat finish is applied to the frame. Bearings, nuts and bolts are high-tensile industrial strength. Heavy-duty Chin Up grips. Rack capacity, frame and safety bars: 450 kg. Chin/Pull Up bars 180 kg; Dip bars: 180 kg.
Ironmaster Super Bench: L = 104cm W = 43cm H = 52cm (flat bench height). Weighs 32 kg. Load: 450 kg in flat position, 270 kg in incline. 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. 44” x 10” x 3” thick heavy-duty pad and stitched vinyl upholstery.
Lifetime warranty on structural frame (excludes paint). Two year warranty on components (bearings, locking pins, pulleys, cables, slide rods etc). One year warranty on any pads, grips and other unspecified parts. The warranty is for the original purchaser and domestic use. Powertec products have obtained the European Commission's EN-957 certificate for both commercial and home use.
Classic Combo: Rack, Bench + Bar
- Product Code: Powertec
- Availability: In Stock