A Super Leg Machine
- Many trainers haven’t squatted or don’t like squatting because they don’t feel comfortable or safe. Modern gyms have fancy machines that work the legs in all types of movements but the old-fashioned squat is still king. Others want extra variety in their squats to hit them hard. Still others want to concern themselves less with stability, more on effort - to just squat. They can. This machine takes care of stability.
- The Powertec Leverage Squat/Calf allows you to perform squats in a controlled movement with complete safety. The patented stop/start lever allows you to pick the weight up from the top part of the movement. The spotter bars. lower down, hold the load if you can’t complete the repetition. (See both load pin and the safety block in pictures 4, 6, 8, 10). It's built for serious effort. It handles 225 kg. The machine itself is 90 kg. Use one leg at a time and you get effective lunges.
- The squat arm has heavy duty padding that avoids the shoulder discomfort associated with barbell squats. The top padding sits on your shoulders and the padding at the rear cradles you into the correct position.
- A great feature is that the angle of the footplate on the Leverage Squat/Calf allows you to isolate the quads, hamstrings and glutes by taking the load off the back and knees. The movement lets you work parts of the leg that you don’t hit with barbell squats because most people can't get the same range of motion. The calf raise is a bonus. You've got comfort, no balance problems and a full range of motion. Perfect for calves.
- The Leverage Squat-Calf is backed by the European Union's EU 957-1 standard for performance and safety. Beware of lightweight, feeble copies in the market.
- Powertec quality and finish. Powertec owns its own manufacturing. (Most suppliers don't; they use third parties. How serious is your overall commitment to the business when you do this?) Powertec uses more cold-formed steel processes; this makes equipment tougher, per unit of weight, and gives a far better finish. (Notice others' products aren't often shown closeup?) Powertec was first in power rack and leverage gym markets for the individual; it remains there.
Check Amazon's reviews - Note: it got bigger for taller people in 2011, as the reviews show.
Here's a quote:
"Beyond phenomenal. After using it, I don’t understand why every gym in Sydney doesn’t have one. It automatically forces correct form with very little thought, allowing complete concentration on the job at hand; getting back up again! Much less pressure on my knees as well. Great for calves too...and of course, you don’t need a spotter; the built-in guard means that if I take a risk for that extra rep, I can do so in confidence."
Note also, weight plates are sold separately.
Lifetime warranty on structural frame (excludes paint). Five year warranty on moving frames (press arms and other unspecified moving components). Two year warranty on components (bearings, locking pins, pulleys, cables, slide rods etc). One year warranty on pads, grips and other unspecified parts. The warranty is for the original purchaser.
Primarily constructed with 3" & 2" steel tubing with a 12 gauge (2.5 mm) wall thickness. Lever arms are 3 mm thick steel with a pair of heavy duty bearings on each arm. Padding is industrial grade high density foam with double stitched upholstery. A durable baked on powder coat finish is applied to the frame. Bearings and spring pins are industrial grade; nuts and bolts are high tensile strength.
Current stock of these has obtained the European Commission's EN-957 certificate for both commercial and home use.
Quads and Hamstring Development on the Powertec Leverage Squat/Calf and Leg Sled
Dimensions: Length: 155 cm Width: 120 cm Height: 160 cm
Weight: 95 kg. Weight Load Capacity - 225 kg
Powertec Leverage Squat/Calf Machine
- Product Code: Powertec
- Availability: In Stock