In stock -
- Strong in a way many racks aren't. Won't creak, bend or shake as a poor-quality rack will. This can be really distracting and affect your commitment. There's junk around. Look for facts, not meaningless hype.
- In a rack, the dynamic stress is lower down. Most racks in this price range have verticals bolting into the horizontals, and separate backing plates giving extra stability. This is often not enough. (Some don't even have backing plates) Powertec's rack has an additional welded sleeve on the base plate - going up into the verticals, (see the last picture above) so there are 6 pieces of steel for bolts to go through. Half-inch bolts too, not smaller metric equivalent, which most others have. And others don't have 40 of them in the base rack.
- It's 94 kg empty. In its price range few, if any others are as solid. Some don't mention how much they weigh.
- The rack takes 450 kg loads.
- Check the finish close-up. (Why don't others show theirs close-up?)
- Big square steel safeties, padded, protect your bar.
- Includes heavy duty movable dip bars, inwardly oriented for inner pecs. Standard. Good for push-ups, and inverted rows too. On a rack stable enough to really do stuff.
- Includes 180 kg capable dual-position chin up bars. (There's also an optional lots-of-grips bar, see at bottom of page)
- Powertec's been in business 20 years+. An original in the home market. Owns its own manufacturing - many suppliers don't - they negotiate deals and specs with third parties., and change them frequently. Does this lead to great products?
- These are all factors in value and enjoyment, using it more, getting results. And the Powertec rack is tested (not "meets") to European Union standards (EN 957) for safety and performance. Hundreds sold here. Never a warranty claim, apart from some flaking on a chromed J-Hook, replaced.
- Colour: Industrial Yellow at present, matte, not gloss, finish. See the Powertec and Ironmaster Benefit.
Real value-adding options and add-ons: see them at the bottom of page: Height Extenders add 5 inches (12.7 cm) to normal height (7 feet) for chin ups etc. (Check your ceiling, need headroom) Heavy-duty (180 kg-capable) Multi Grip Chin Up Attachment. (Note, as standard, the rack comes with regular two position chin up handles) Add many more grips with the one at bottom of page) Weight Storage Horns, gravity-locks, (Don't have to bolt them on) 110 kg each side; also at bottom of page. There's an independent Lat Tower Option that attaches to the back of the rack, and offers all the quality of a standalone Lat Tower, unlike many add-on cable things.. Finally, there's a Landmine Attachment - explode your exercises options with a whole lot more, especially cardio - core- and speed-oriented. Here's a good demo: spends a lot of time explaining, but...Landmine #1. Another: no explaining.
You can buy some of these options with the rack on this page at Add-To-Cart. Lat Tower Option, Height Extenders are under Attachments and Accessories.Check with us using Contact Form upper right for band pegs, rope rings, step-up plates.
Serious stuff below - if you happen to squat 210 kg, have the confidence this man has, with an old model Powertec rack, identical-spec as that offered. No shimmy-ing and shaking.
In the next video Lee Priest (Mr Universe, Amateur) shows the variety of exercises . (He doesn't use any options or add-ons - dip bars are included) You get everything here.
Powertec Power Rack - A Rack For All Reasons
- Brand: Powertec
- Product Code: Powertec Power Rack
- Availability: In Stock