In stock - present stock is Industrial Yellow
Most of our customers have owned racks before, and are interested in strength, stability, finish and features. In that order. Using one is about effort and commitment. You don't want the distraction of a feeble rack. Shimmies and creaks. Sharp corners. (Usually means thin steel) Ad hype that's uncheck-able.
Not this. An early maker of racks for home use, Powertec's for twenty years led the way with robustness, options, superb quality and finish. No bolts that sink into steel mush if you have to reassemble it. No weakly reinforced corners. Rigidity counts. In this rack, verticals don't just go into the base with backing plates. There are additional welded sleeves on the base plate - where forces concentrate - going up into the verticals, (see the last picture above) There are 6 pieces of steel for bolts to go through. Half-inch bolts too, not smaller metric types, which others have. And others don't have 40 of them. When things creak and move, it's usually because of weakness at lower front. Powertec keeps it solid and peaceful. (And who says racks weigh what they specify? Some suppliers have fine-print disclaimers about their accuracy)
This all translates to enjoyment, using it more, and results. And this rack's tested to European Union standards (EN 957) for safety and performance. (....tested...not "meets") Over many hundreds in NZ, never a warranty claim, apart from some flaking on a chromed J-Hook, once, replaced. Other aspects:
- Major US brand. 20 years in the business. Owns its manufacturing. In control, end-to-end. Doesn't go out for quotes from third parties, then put their (famous-sounding but fake) brand on.
- Big square steel safeties, padded, protect your bar. Heavy-duty (180 kg) variable-grip chin up handles are included.
- Heavy duty movable dip bars, inwardly oriented for inner pecs. Good for inverted rows. These moves are money. And push ups.
- Also includes gravity-lock (no screwing things in here) heavy plate holders
- It takes 450 kg loads. Weighs 94 kg empty. - without plate holders, options.
- Lots of great options from band pegs, to a super Landmine Attachment and a Lat Tower Option that puts them all in the shade.
- Close-up quality and finish. Uses more cold-formed steel processes; makes equipment tougher, per unit of weight, and gives a far better finish. See the Powertec and Ironmaster Benefit.
- Speaking of quality and finish, why are other products seldom shown close-up?
- More adjustable than any other bench.
- 11 lock out angles: Inclines, Declines, Flat and Upright. 0, 5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees
- Unique, patented, foot operated angle adjustment. Operates from both sides. Instant locking.
- Super stable.
- 3 position incline seat easily plugs in from the side. Tapered so it doesn't cut into the inside of your legs. Move the seat up or down for optimum comfort. Seat height from the floor in the upright position is 16″, 14″ or 12″. (40.6, 35.5, 30.5 cm) Backrest pad is 31″ (78.7 cm) above the seat in the highest position. Seat follows backrest pad what ever the bench angle so it will always be perpendicular to the back, unlike other bench seats which encourage you to slide off.
- 450 kg rated (flat) 270 kg on angles. 11 and 12 gauge steel. Weighs 29.5 kg. Includes wheels.
- Remove the seat, and you have a flat bench with no gap. Bench is 44″ long x 18.75″ wide x 20″ high (111.8 x 47.6 x 50.8 cm high) 10 x 3 (25.4 x 7.6 cm) commercial pad is thick and never goes soft.
- Lots of high value, heavy duty and adjustable options - see them here: Ironmaster Super Bench Options
- Like the Powertec rack, similar numbers sold without a failure of any sort in many years.
Here's some serious stuff below - if you happen to squat 210 kg, have the confidence this man has with an old model Powertec rack, identical-spec unit.
In the next video Lee Priest (Mr Universe, Amateur) shows the variety of exercises . (He doesn't use any options or add-ons - dip bars are included) You get everything here.
Dimensions: L = 128 cm W =127 cm H = 213 cm Weight 95 kg, Capacity 450 kg
Ironmaster Super Bench
L = 104cm W = 43cm H = 50.8cm (flat bench height). Weighs 31 kg. Load: 450 kg in flat position, 270 kg in incline.
11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. 44” x 10” x 3” thick heavy-duty pad and stitched vinyl upholstery.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – THERE IS NO WARRANTY
We have been surprised by an effective 50% increase in warehouse costs, and a pile of freight and related increases. It’s the 50% that spoils things. It’s not worth continuing business on this basis. So we're going to close. BEAR IN MIND, Powertec and Ironmaster hardly ever break. Customers have all been contacted, with a ton of goodwill. They're still buying.
So, current prices are now much reduced – much more than the value of any warranty, given the quality we believe (just about) any user will vouch for. We’ve had less than a dozen faults over a thousand items. And most of them have been outside the warranty period. Correspondence shows fewer. (Excludes freight damage occasionally, which we fixed fast)
It's almost as if...who needs a warranty?
Powertec Power Rack with Multi Grip Chin Up, Plate Holders, and IRONMASTER SUPER BENCH- REDUCED
- Brand: Powertec
- Product Code: Powertec Rack-Multi Grip Chin Up-Plate-Holders-Ironmaster Bench
- Availability: In Stock