- They replace $1490+ ($3.50/kg)(the lowest we know) worth of rubber hex dumbbells. Save money, and get a free stand. And with 2.2 kg breaks instead of 2.5 or 5, increases are less stress and faster progress.
- They offer fast, reassuring changes - see the videos ...no hunting around for the right pair...no spinning. Screw slides in, takes a partial turn, locks solid, instant confidence. Picture of locking pin above shows patented design: part thread, part smooth.
- Include a stand (you'd need to pay extra for a rack with regular dumbbells)
- Contain no plastic; unlike some (Not a good place for plastic) Only steel, chrome, iron.
- Lifetime warranty to first owner
- Have a design that lets you sit them on your knees end-on.
- Expand to 54 kg or 72 kg. (120 or 160 lb)(Yes, people do go to 160 lb) The stand has room for the 54 kg upgrade.
Comment from Dr Jim Stoppani, Senior Science Editor, Muscle and Fitness, and Flex magazines. Author of Humankinetics.com's Encyclopedia of Muscle and Strength:
As an editor of Muscle and Fitness and Flex magazines, I get to try a lot of equipment. Of all the adjustable dumbbells I've tried, Ironmaster Quick-Lock Dumbbell System is the best. In fact they are the only dumbbells I have in my home and the only dumbbells I need. With the Quick-Lock Dumbbell Add-On Kit, I can have an entire rack of dumbbells from 5 to 120lbs in a matter of seconds. They make easy to move from one exercise to the next.
Read what About.com says in its review section: Bodybuilding.About.Com
Freight: (It's top right, near Add to Cart) We have much of the population base covered as simply as possible, up front. If your choice isn't in one of those metro areas, check with us here. There's often a good answer.
Chrome plated steel dumbbell handles with perfectly knurled grips. Plates are precision cast. Stand/rack is steel, screws together, has capacity to hold the full 120 lb set of dumbbells. Rack/Stand is L = 48 W = 36 H = 66 cm. Ironmaster Dumbbells and Kettlebell handles carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.
Weights: Comes with 24 x 5 lb plates plus 4 x 2.5 lb plates allowing you to make 5 lb or 10 lb increments. The handles weigh 5lb and the locking screws 2.5lb each. This equals 75lb or 34kg per dumbbell.
Dumbbell dimensions are 6.7″ square x 14.5″ long at the 75 lb (34 kg) size. (17 cm and 36.8 cm).
Kettlebell dimensions: 8.75″ wide x 7.75″ tall for the empty handle. (22.2 cm by 19.7 cm) . 11.5″ tall at 57.5 lbs as offered here. 13.75″ tall at 80 lbs. (29.2 cm and 34.9 cm) Grip diameter 1.375 inches (3.49 cm)
Ironmaster Quick-Lock Dumbbells Set, 2 to 34 kg, AND a Quick-Lock Kettlebell - Equal to 15 kettlebells from 10 to 26 kg
- Product Code: Ironmaster
- Availability: In Stock