This is a self-spotting, space saving masterpiece for upper body strength work.
- Variable-grip pressing movements are the best way to add size and strength to the chest and shoulders.
- Most weight trainers have had a risky moment when bench pressing with heavy weights and no spotter. The end result is you either don't push yourself to the limit or you risk injury. The Multi Press allows you to increase your intensity in complete safety and with perfect form.
- The arc of the lever arm replicates the movement of a dumbbell or barbell press. It also provides greater control, letting you better isolate the chest and shoulders. It can be adjusted for decline bench press, flat bench press and varying levels of incline press. By taking a closer grip on the press arm you can work the inner chest, a wider grip will work the outer pec. The isolateral (independently operating) arms make it even better. (Lock them into barbell-mode too) Shoulders are better worked in incline positions.
- Don't forget bent-over and prone rows. And close-grip presses and biceps curls with the removable close-grip bar. Work your traps with shrugs using the close-grip bar as well.
- There's a large range of (extra-cost) add-on options, including a Pec Flye, a Lat Tower, an Arm (Biceps) Curl and a Leg Lift/Leg Curl Attachment (called the Leg Lift Accessory) to go on the end of the bench. The lat tower, good for 100 kg+ and a 6 foot-plus stretch, and the Leg Lift Leg Curl Accessory are shown in pic 8 and 5 above, respectively) See bottom of this page for links to accessories)
- This is a rugged machine; it's 78 kg empty, and takes 225 kg of plates. It's been tested and certified for commercial use in Europe by the heavy-duty EU bureaucracy, to standard EN 957. (This tests safety and performance to given specs ;it's not a meaningless "semi-commercial" toss-in from someone's imagination.
- Latest finish is matt black. And the superb bench an advanced sealed-bearing mechanism for forward-backward movement. (Plates are not included)
This latest version of the Multi Press includes a matt finish. It now also offers a more advanced sealed-bearing mechanism for the bench's forward-backward movement. (Plates are not included)
This video of an older model shows an excellent pec flye option in use about 4m 20 secs into the video. (There's a great pressing workout before it)
Here's Lee Priest doing some rows on the Multi Press. You can do prone rows as well - that is, lying face down on the bench - the older model.
L = 198 cm W = 141 cm H = 105 cm; weight empty: 74 kg
Lifetime warranty on structural frame (excludes paint). Five year warranty on moving frames (press arms and other unspecified moving components). Two year warranty on components (bearings, locking pins, pulleys, cables, slide rods etc). One year warranty on pads, grips and other unspecified parts. The warranty is for the original purchaser and domestic use.
Primarily constructed with 3" & 2" steel tubing with a 12 gauge (2.5 mm) wall thickness. Lever arms are 3 mm thick steel with a pair of heavy duty bearings on each arm. Padding is industrial grade high density foam with double stitched upholstery. A durable baked on powder coat finish is applied to the frame. Bearings and spring pins are industrial grade; nuts and bolts are high tensile strength.
The Multi Press has obtained the European Commission's EN-957 certificate for both commercial and home use.
Powertec Multi Press, Upper Body King
- Product Code: Powertec
- Availability: In Stock