- A very large footplate for a great variety of foot placement - to best hit the biggest muscles, and give great variety. Bigger than anything near it in price.
- Excellent calf raises, and reverse lunges (see last video).
- Cleverly compact. A leg press has an ample chance to eat up floor space. This gets the job done in much less than others, while losing no capability or range of movement..
- Large load capacity - 1000 lbs/ 450 kg; four plate horns.
- Safety stops limit the carriage travel.
- Takes Olympic plates. (Not included)
- There's an adjustable backrest for comfort.
- Bearing technology has been used on Leg Press and Leg Sled from Powertec for many years.
- Tested to tough European Union standards (EN 957) for safety and performance. No made-up standards here. Weighs 117 kg empty.
- Powertec quality and finish. Powertec owns its own manufacturing. Always has. Doesn't go out for bids periodically.
- Beware of leg presses that offer a hack squat function. They can't take enough plates because you have to put your head in that space to do a hack squat. So there's not enough weight. So just when you want to push heavy, it compromises the big plate area you want for your feet. You get a half-assed, half-baked squat machine.
DID YOU SEE THE NO WARRANTY STATEMENT ON THE TAB AT TOP?
L = 201cm W = 93cm H = 138cm Weight empty 117kg.
Primarily constructed with 3" & 2" steel tubing with a 12 gauge (2.5 mm) wall thickness. Lever arms are 3 mm thick steel with a pair of heavy duty bearings on each arm. Padding is industrial grade high density foam with double stitched upholstery. A durable baked on powder coat finish is applied to the frame. Bearings and spring pins are industrial grade; nuts and bolts are high tensile strength.
This Powertec product has obtained the European Commission's EN-957 certificate for both commercial and home use.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – THERE IS NO WARRANTY
We have been surprised by an effective 50% increase in warehouse costs, and a pile of freight and related increases. It’s the 50% that spoils things. It’s not worth continuing business on this basis. So we're going to close. BEAR IN MIND, Powertec and Ironmaster hardly ever break. Customers have all been contacted, with a ton of goodwill. They're still buying.
So, current prices are now much reduced – much more than the value of any warranty, given the quality we believe (just about) any user will vouch for. We’ve had less than a dozen faults over a thousand items. And most of them have been outside the warranty period. Correspondence shows fewer. (Excludes freight damage occasionally, which we fixed fast)
It's almost as if...who needs a warranty?
Powertec Leg Press MUCH REDUCED
- Product Code: Powertec
- Availability: In Stock