- It's 93 kg, 11-gauge steel and the weight's all low down. And when you consider this offer includes the most versatile bench there is, is there anything else this solid at this price? Simply, no.
- Built in Taiwan by Ironmaster of Seattle, Washington. Ironmaster has a reputation that permits it to sell only online in the US. You have to be good to do only that. The IM1500 is a half cage for barbell training with unique features to help save space and train hard. It's full height, yet it takes up only 130 cm by 130 cm square on the floor, lets you use either Olympic or 6 foot bars, and handles 450 kg load. (Price doesn't include plates, bands or barbell). It's ideal for a wide range of squats, presses, dead lifts, shrugs and many more frame supported lifts. Also great for chin ups, pull ups and suspension straps or ab straps.
- Heavy duty structural steel frame for the strength and stability. 10 year frame warranty. 2.5" 11-gauge square tubing, (Forget "heavy duty" - on cheap racks; it's meaningless. 11 gauge, 2.5 inch steel isn't) Weight and strength have a bearing on how you'll enjoy using it after the 1000th lift.
- Very stable; it's heavy; weight is low down. It has rubber feet; can be bolted to the floor (There's little need)
- Built in chin-up bar
- 8 built-in plate storage positions for Olympic or Standard weights; Olympic sleeves come with it.
- Numbered upright holes every 2" for plenty of easy adjustment
- Simple, strong double bar hooks and spotting arms for convenience
- Barbells can be used on inside or outside of frame
- 3 vertical bar storage positions
- Requires only 7 feet by 5 feet usable space. (More for the 7 foot Olympic bar) Takes Olympic or standard bars. Main dimensions are: 48.25" bar hook outside width (between the outsides of the hooks) and 43.25" inside width.
Click to see a video of the 1500 with Lee Priest
Next, the Ironmaster Super Bench
There's nothing like it. Many of our sales are from users telling others. It doesn't break. Slick to use, comfortable. Super strong, versatile.
- 11 lock out angles: Inclines, Declines, Flat and Upright. 0, 5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees.
- 450 kg rated, 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. (270 kg rated for incline/upright positions, 450 kg flat)
- Patented, unique foot lever adjust operates from both sides and locks up tight! Ultra stable platform in all positions, yet easy to lift and move.
- Heavy-duty padded, stitched vinyl upholstery. Comfortable. Pads have 1" (2.54 cm) radius corners. (See separate tab for other specs)
- The 3 position incline seat is narrower than the backrest pad so it doesn't cut into the inside of your legs; and you can move the seat up or down the pad for comfort. Or remove it to make a long 450 kg-capable, flat bench, with no annoying gap!
- Incline seat follows backrest pad at any angle, so it'll always be perpendicular to the back pad. And it won't let you slip off....
- Ships pre-assembled except for feet so you can start lifting in just a few minutes. Has a wheels option.
Note the bench height when flat - 52 cm/20.5 inches. Slightly taller than average. Check a chair height, or a bench you've regularly used; measure it, if you're 1.7 - 1.8 m and want to be sure of feet flat to floor.
Finally, it comes with a Crunch/Sit Up Attachment, which can be attached to the bench spine with a lock pin. With leg rollers and a big handle, it's useful for activity that uses decline positions, permits excellent ab and crunch activity. And helps you get up, fast, from any position.
The Super Bench also offers a wide range of heavy-duty add-on (extra-cost) options, such as a preacher curl pad, leg curl/extension, chin up bar, dip attachment, hypercore attachment (crunches, hyperextensions twists) and a full-capability lat tower.
Of course, it's an ideal companion with the world's strongest dumbbells, Ironmaster Quick-Locks.
And here's something: the big variety of angles of adjustment on this bench means you can get stronger, bigger shoulders sooner! Say you flat bench 50 kg and military (upright) press 25 kg, move the bench angle up 5 degrees at a time with 50 kg starting at the flat position. After a few weeks you'll be shoulder pressing BIG! Can't do that with many other benches - those that have far fewer angles. (Most of them)
Note: as we said, plates, bar (and options) are extra.
Here's a recent comment from an early Dunedin Ironmaster 1500 customer
The 1500 unit has been easy to use, durable and its small footprint a boon in my basement. Has held up well to the knocks, though I am always pretty gentle with it. (No dropping weights or bars if at all possible.) Its had use several times a week for a few years and is still looking good. It's easy and quick to adjust, with a good range. It is stable in use. Shows no sign of stress under the loads I put it under ... Its also a good fit for me; I don't feel restricted while squatting or pressing unlike some other equipment I have used. I imagine it will last me a lifetime.
Freight: We have the biggest population base covered as simply as possible, up front. If your choice isn't in one of those metro areas, check with us here. There's nearly always a good answer.
Ironmaster offers a 10 year warranty frame warranty (excluding paint or plating) on its benches, machines and optional attachments. Pads, cables, pulleys and upholstery are covered by a one year warranty. The warranty is for domestic use.
1500 frame supports 450 kg. Bench supports 450 kg on the flat and 270 kg in incline positions.
L = 129.5 cm W = 129.5 cm H = 2.15 cm. (51' x 51' x 84.5') Weight unloaded: 95.5 kg Takes most standard bars (48.25" outside width, 43.25" inside width, make sure you check this) as well as Olympic or standard plates.
Super heavy tubing, 11-gauge uprights and plate steel supports.
L = 111.7cm W = 43cm H = 52cm (in a flat position). Weight: 35 kg. Bench includes independent 3 -position seat. 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. The bench pad is thick commercial grade, with stitched vinyl upholstery.
Ironmaster 1500 Weight Lifting System, Super Bench and Crunch Sit Up. The Rack's Reduced, Excellent Deal.
- Brand: Ironmaster
- Product Code: Ironmaster
- Availability: In Stock