- A power rack, bench and Olympic bar is a classic tool set for taking free weight strength training to the limit in safety. It's simple and effective. Strong safety bars protect the trainer if he or she feels inclined to drop a weight, whatever the reason. This combination provides a huge array of the best strength training exercises, from presses, through squats and deadlifts to inverted and bent over rows. It's high spec and quality; indeed, many of our customers have already owned a rack, and now, having a refined view of what's needed, they've researched, and made a choice.
- What you really pay for: this rack is heavier and consequently more stable and satisfying to use than others anywhere near its price. It’s 95 kg by itself. Some suppliers will do anything to avoid showing the weight. Yet weight and resulting stability are basic drivers of satisfaction in racks. Racks that rock, shimmy and twang are not a pleasure to use. They fall into disuse. Many cheap racks are only world-famous in the town they're made in, despite a grand-sounding brand name. Made cheap to get here cheap, then priced high so they can be always on sale. The Powertec rack is well-known and proven in the biggest markets, where where it was one of the first in US home use. Backing plates all round, thick high tensile nuts and bolts give it rigidity that few can match. Look for them. (Users have done inverted rows on the feeble safeties of a cheap rack, only to have them bend after a while) This has a load capacity of 450 kg; the dip handles and chin up handles can take 180 kg loads. And this rack has, like all Powertec items, a European Union EN-957 safety rating which means it's been subject to high cycle testing, not just having someone gently rest some weights on the safeties once and think of a number.
- The Ironmaster Super Bench is extraordinarily versatile, with a removable seat that lets you have a long flat bench with no annoying gap, and a moment later, an any-angle bench with a seat that can be placed in one of three spots so your feet and shoulder positions are perfect. It uses patented foot operation; fast, direct and slick; no wobbling and fiddling. Takes a 270 kg load on the incline and 450 kg flat and the addition of many other useful attachments like leg curl/extension, preacher curl, hyperextension and others.
- The Olympic bar offered is a standard, 700-lb capable, bushing-driven unit that's proved faultless over a wide range of heavy users, though it's not built for Crossfit-style dropping.
- Present stock of racks is industrial yellow, but check when new ones are coming if black is important. Contact form is here.
Freight: We have the biggest population base covered as simply as possible, up front. If your choice isn't in one of those metro areas, check with us here. There's often a good answer.
Plates: Olympic plates aren't included. Note: The last four images above show extra-cost options: accessible at links at bottom of this page: Landmine, Height Extender, Multi Grip Chin Up (it has regular chin up handles as standard) and the best attachable Lat Tower cable option in the business!
Here's Mr Universe Lee Priest showing the variety of what can be done on a power rack.
Regular guy here with a big squat
Rack: L = 181cm W = 127cm H = 213cm; Weight: 95 kg; primarily constructed with 60 mm steel tubing with a 12 gauge (2.5 mm) wall thickness. A durable baked on powder coat finish is applied to the frame. Bearings, nuts and bolts are high-tensile industrial strength. Heavy-duty Chin Up grips. Rack capacity, frame and safety bars: 450 kg. Chin/Pull Up bars 180 kg; Dip bars: 180 kg.
Ironmaster Super Bench: L = 104cm W = 43cm H = 52cm (flat bench height). Weighs 32 kg. Load: 450 kg in flat position, 270 kg in incline. 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. 44” x 10” x 3” thick heavy-duty pad and stitched vinyl upholstery.
Lifetime warranty on structural frame (excludes paint). Two year warranty on components (bearings, locking pins, pulleys, cables, slide rods etc). One year warranty on any pads, grips and other unspecified parts. The warranty is for the original purchaser and domestic use. Powertec products have obtained the European Commission's EN-957 certificate for both commercial and home use.
Classic Combo: Rack, Bench + Bar
- Product Code: Powertec
- Availability: In Stock