Few things match adjustable dumbbells for building or maintaining strength and muscle mass. The speed of changes, the neatness, the smaller increments in weight mean you achieve a lot more faster. And no mess. A rack of standard dumbbells would take many times the space and cost much more.
1. The Dumbbells
- Changes are fast, reassuring - see the videos below....no hunting around for the right pair...no spinning collars. Screw slides in, takes a partial turn, locks solid.The above pic of locking pin above shows patented design: part thread, part smooth.
- Include a superb stand (you'd need to pay extra for a rack with regular dumbbells)
- Contain no plastic; unlike some (Not a good place for plastic)
- Offer a lifetime warranty to first owner. You can sit them on your knees, end-on
- There's a one- or two-hand kettlebell handle offered as an option, which lets you replace many hundreds of dollars worth of kettlebells in virtually no space.
2. The Super Bench
There's no bench like it. Slick to use, comfortable. Super strong, versatile. Doesn't break. 11 lock out angles: Inclines, Declines, Flat and Upright. 0, 5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees.
- 450 kg rated, 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. (270 kg rated for incline/upright positions, 450 kg flat)
- Patented, unique foot lever adjust operates from both sides and locks up tight! Ultra stable platform in all positions, yet easy to lift and move.
- Heavy-duty padded, stitched vinyl upholstery. Comfortable. Pads have 1" (2.54 cm) radius corners. (See separate tab for other specs)
- The 3 position incline seat is narrower than the backrest pad so it doesn't cut into the inside of your legs; and you can move the seat up or down the pad for comfort. Or remove it to make a long 450 kg-capable, flat bench, with no annoying gap!
- Incline seat follows backrest pad at any angle, so it'll always be perpendicular to the back pad. And it won't let you slip off....
- Ships pre-assembled except for feet so you can start lifting in just a few minutes. Has a wheels option.
Finally, it comes with a Crunch/Sit Up Attachment which can be attached to the bench spine with a locking pin. With leg rollers and a big handle, it's useful for activity that uses decline positions, and permits excellent ab and crunch activity. Very important, it helps you up, fast, from any position.
The Super Bench also offers a wide range of heavy-duty add-on (extra-cost) options, such a heavy-duty, super-smooth high-and-low-pulley cable tower (will take dumbbells as resistance, as well as plates), as a preacher curl pad, leg curl/extension, chin up bar, dip attachment, hypercore attachment (crunches, hyperextensions twists) and others. And the cable tower can attach tom the bench thus taking only another couple of feet square, yet handle 110 kg loads.
And here's something: the big variety of angles of adjustment on this bench means you can get stronger, bigger shoulders sooner! Say you flat bench 50 kg and military (upright) press 25 kg, move the bench angle up 5 degrees at a time with 50 kg starting at the flat position. After a few weeks you'll be shoulder pressing BIG! Can't do that with many other benches - those that have far fewer angles. (Most of them)
Here's a demo video from Lee Priest
As an editor of Muscle and Fitness and Flex magazines, I get to try a lot of equipment. Of all the adjustable dumbbells I've tried, Ironmaster Quick-Lock Dumbbell System is the best. In fact they are the only dumbbells I have in my home and the only dumbbells I need. With the Quick-Lock Dumbbell Add-On Kit, I can have an entire rack of dumbbells from 5 to 120 lbs in a matter of seconds. They make easy to move from one exercise to the next.
Ironmaster Quick-Lock Dumbbells Set, 2 to 34 kg, Ironmaster Super Bench, and Crunch Sit-Up
- Product Code: Ironmaster
- Availability: In Stock